Shadow Realms
LARPing near Barrie, Ontario
It is currently December 12th, 2018, 9:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rules Question: Holy Symbols
PostPosted: September 17th, 2018, 2:07 pm 
Plot

We received an email to Log/Plot, and it's a rules call that'll likely be useful to most so I'm posting it here.

Quote:
If I am carrying alleged holy symbols for every deity, even if they are not my own, do they ping as holy symbols? If I have a bear tooth from my first kill and has personal significance, does it identify which deity or just that something is special to me?

Post subject: Re: Rules Question: Holy Symbols
PostPosted: September 17th, 2018, 8:50 pm 
General Management

So there are two layers to this for me to respond to. First, there's no such thing as an alleged holy symbol. Either an object has been fashioned and is being worn/displayed with religious intent, or it isn't. Random campfires and shields aren't holy symbols of Rathelle and Kayleth you just find that imagery commonly used in holy symbols for those gods.

For the second part, if you have religion lore you always know if a) an object is a holy symbol or not, (and thus can tell which fires are just fires and which are symbols of Rathelle) and b) what God that symbol is connected with.

So in your example, if the bear tooth is intended to serve as a holy symbol, anyone with religion lore with know that it is a symbol and which God its a symbol of. Assuming they think to check, of course.