Shadow Realms
LARPing near Barrie, Ontario
It is currently January 23rd, 2018, 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Shadow Realms Boffer Weapons Drive (Official Thread)
PostPosted: May 27th, 2015, 7:53 pm 
Adventurer

I've created a Facebook event for the Boffer Weapons Drive Day:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1588903728057509/

For those who don't have Facebook, here are the deets as they currently stand, to be edited as we go:

DATE & TIME: June 6 3:00 PM-June 7 6:00 PM

Shadow Realms needs boffers, and we need *YOU* to make them!

The boffer drive will take place in Barrie. We'll start at Home Depot, then migrate over to Heydon George's place for around 5 PM. We'll make the weapons through the evening. Heydon has generously offered crash space.

The following day, we'll have the tournament at a nearby park. The tournament winners will receive fabulous prizes furnished by me!

SPACE
Since we're using a private residence for this event, Heydon has set an RSVP limit of 10-12. The first 10-12 people to RSVP "Yes" will be the ones we have in. Please don't RSVP Yes unless you're sure you can come!

CASH
Boffer weapons cost money to make, so I'm asking everyone to pitch at least $10.00 in toward the cost of making the weapons. We can use the pooled cash to make our purchases at Home Depot.

CARS
I'll also need people with cars to get people and gear from Home Depot to Heydon's house, as well as transport the weapons to site the following day.

WEAPONS
We will *only* be making weapons requested by Plot. I will have a list of requested weapons on the day. All weapons need to be passed for safety by me or another Weapons Safety Marshall should we have one present. You will only be eligible for entry into the tournament if you make a weapon that passes safety.

GRAB BAGS
All participants who make a weapon that passes safety *and* is included on the wish list from Plot will receive grab bags based on what they produce. **Time will not be a factor in determining grab bag rewards.**

I'm still getting addresses and finalizing details, but we at least have the date and time. Please watch carefully for details!

If you don't have Facebook, feel free to RSVP by replying to this thread.

Thanks!

Rob

Last edited by Ashwin Aries on May 27th, 2015, 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Shadowe Realms Boffer Weapons Drive (Official Thread)
PostPosted: May 27th, 2015, 8:09 pm 
Adventurer

Location: Where ever the ale is good, and the friends are better.
As of this moment, I'm unsure if I can make it out. I will reply again when I know.
But
I see a time and place in the thread, no date though. No Facebook to check either :c Could you update this please Rob? c: Thanks!
Really hoping I can make it out! It would be great to learn some new tricks for crafting boffers!

regards,
Derrick (Ziggs)

Post subject: Re: Shadowe Realms Boffer Weapons Drive (Official Thread)
PostPosted: May 27th, 2015, 9:12 pm 
Adventurer

Updated!